Well, first Baron Insurance would like to wish you all a happy and healthy New Year! The New Year is a happy time that one spends with family and friends reminiscing about last year and planning for what the next year has to bring. It is also the one time of year where people seem to talk about or write out a New Year’s resolution…. And often those resolutions don’t ever seem to stick.
It is very easy to make a New Year’s resolution in the heat of enthusiasm and joy; however most of us are very familiar with failing to complete these resolutions. We all know that our resolutions are obtainable, but it takes focus, determination, and time. Lucky for you, we have a few tips that may be able to help you stick to your New Year’s resolutions.
- Make your resolution realistic: It is suggested that you pinpoint areas in your life that is working well and what isn’t. Instead of picking the same old resolution, like losing weight or quitting smoking, choose an area in your life that needs improvement, instead of an insane change.
- Write down your resolution: Making your resolution official can make yourself think that the goal is more real than you think it is when it is just in your head. You can even make a small contract which you can sign and initial.
- Focus on one thing at a time: Instead of making a whole bunch of New Year’s resolutions, like eating better, increasing exercise, and make more time for yourself, focus on one! Trigger one aspect of your life you would like to improve and work on that. Too many resolutions will overwhelm you which will lead to unsuccessfully fulfilling your resolution.
- Have support: Tell a friend or loved one what your goal is. They will encourage and support your goal which will keep you more focused and determined.
- Celebrate: Remember to celebrate your successes and reward yourself every once and a while. If your resolution was to cut down on alcohol and you have successfully quit drinking, do not reward yourself with a glass of wine. Instead treat yourself in other ways, like going shopping.
- Continue your resolution: When you have successfully completed your goal and feel you have stuck with your plan… Keep Going! Why stop now when you have done so well? By 2018 you will be in a great routine and can focus your efforts on a new resolution!
Well you may say, “It’s a New Year, therefore, I am a New Me!” However, that is not the case; remember that you have put the time and effort in to achieving your resolutions. Remind yourself every morning of your goals and set daily reminders. Don’t give up. It is in you to succeed and be the better version of yourself.
Happy New Year! And Happy Resolution Planning!