Well, Christmas is the time for sweets, baking, and all around indulgence. Family members get together to make their favorite recipes that include pumpkin pie, fudge, ginger bread, and everything in between. This year we want to introduce you to a new recipe.
Yes, Christmas is normally pretty straight forward and you all enjoy the same sweets every year. However, switching it up and trying non-traditional baking can be fun too… and delicious! This year we are trying Candy Cane Kiss Cheesecake!
I mean, who doesn’t love cheesecake? And adding a bit of candy cane flavors into the mix totally brings out the Christmas in you!
- 1 ½ cup Oreo crumbs
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 ½ 8 oz. packages cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 1 ½ pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 25 candy cane kisses + extra for melting and drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9×13 pan with tinfoil, up all edges.
- Combine crumbs and butter in a medium bowl, until crumbs are well moistened. Press down into pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In your mixer bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add granulated sugar and beat on medium until combined.
- Add eggs and yolk, one at a time, beating until each egg is almost combined. Add in vanilla and sour cream and combine.
- Pour cheesecake filling over the crust. Place the kisses in rows, with a kiss for each square.
- Bake at 400F for 10 minutes. Reduce to 300 and bake for 25 minutes. Turn off oven and let sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Melt the extra kisses and drizzle over the top. Cut into squares.
This recipe is sure to win over your family this year. The cheesecake and chocolate mint come together perfectly. You may even have to add it to your list of Christmas baking for every year!
We would like to thank Sweet Twist of Blogging for this lovely recipe and picture!
Sweet Twist of Blogging (www.sweettwistofblogging.com)